December 7 to December 13 [Maker Mind Meld Summit] is a free online event.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll discover by joining the free Maker Mind Meld summit:
- Learn how to design and build your own central processing unit, and understand how every functional component works.
- Discover how you can drive beautiful animation and graphics with an Arduino Uno.
- Learn how to contribute to Open Source even if you are not a programmer, help improve the software you use every day, and apply Open Source principles in your projects.
- Learn how to use the CAN bus to power your next IoT application; because wireless is not always better.
- Get a taste of JSON for Arduino, and learn how to exchange data with cloud applications using this light-weight data format.
- Go behind the scenes of a printed circuit board manufacturer and understand what happens to your Gerber files once you submit them (and use this knowledge to create better PCB designs).
- Understand why Making is important, not just at a personal level, but for the whole world.
- Get a taste of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Array) and how they can complement your project’s microcontroller.
- How to go low-tech with wood and simple hand tools to create beautiful Kumiko panels.
- How to use the principles of model-based development to develop, simulate and deploy control algorithms; use them to power your next robot or vehicle.
- Lean how to use a RESTful API design to control your Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and ESP32 gadgets with minimal code.
- Learn about the basics of embedded design and apply this knowledge to build gadgets that use ARM Cortex processors.
- Find why the Blockchain is a a technology on the rise that is finding its way into the world of the Internet of Things and Education.
- Learn about 3D design tools and 3D printers, and get a practical introduction by designing a simple 3D object
Speakers include world-class experts such as…
- Simon Monk
- John Teel
- Jason Long
- Dal Gemmell
- Zafar Iqbal
- Vladimir Mariano
- Richard Park
- Jordan Christman
Hosted by Peter Dalmaris: [Podcast]